Monday, June 29, 2009

I NEVER PROMISED YOU A ROSE GARDEN (NOT EVEN A SINGLE STEM)

The title of my blog, "Among the Flowers", along with the contents of my first journal may lead one to conclude that they have embarked upon gardener’s delight. Please allow me to put to rest any misconstrued notion that you may possibly have in regards to this matter because I would never want to lead anyone down the path of destruction. Sharing my knowledge of the growing and the caring for vegetation of any kind would only cause weeping and gnashing of teeth. If the two urns on my front porch could talk they would say, “Amen and amen again”. They have been the home to more ferns than I care to talk about. My husband so cleverly calls the gully on the side of our house, “fern gully”, because for a little over fifteen years now it has become the final resting place for these dearly departed porch decorations. It could even be that if only a few of those ferns survived the toss and took root somewhere along “fern gully”- there is - possibly - as I speak (or type) - located on the side of my house - a small business venture!

So what DID prompt me to start blogging? First let me tell you that even though I do not watch the Bachelor or Bachelorette, I do know that at the end of each season or at the finale there is somehow a single rose involved. It is presented to the one chosen. (I think) Before I could get this site up and running, I had some ideas for several posts, but they all sounded like introductions. There was the INTRODUCTION to the INTRODUCTION, the INTRODUCTION, a SEQUEL, and then the FINALE (only without the rose). So without further ado, please allow me to introduce you to (well you know) the introduction.

TO BE CONTINUED...



MY NEXT VICTIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment