Sunday, January 10, 2010

ON MY KNEES


This weekend proved to be one that I felt the need to be on my knees.  It also made me realize that on my knees is where I need to be every single day that God puts breath in my lungs: Praying for my children: Praying for their protection as they walk through this maze they call LIFE: Dodging Satan and his Entities as they go.  They do not even realize they live in a virtual video game! They are so vulnerable and He knows this!

My daughter's life choices are beginning to weigh heavy on her heart and in her mind.  I believe that on a day-to-day basis she somehow pushes her circumstances in a corner and plunges on with her life.  However, when she is physically sick and weak, as she was Friday and Saturday, it is as if she FEELS them!  The pain is unbearable for her.  Part of me hates this for her and part of me is thankful because when her heart is exposed I get a glimpse inside. I love the conviction that I see, but the mother part of me hates the pain that her child is having to endure. 

We had a conversation this weekend that sent me straight to my closet (literally) and on my knees!

This is where I purpose to spend a lot of time hoping and praying (mostly praying) that this will be the year that she will take God's hand and begin to trust Him to pull her out of the mess she is in, that she will allow Him to lead and guide her into her future.  She has goals for a career that she is excited about pursuing.  I pray that she will trust Him with these goals, that He will bind the hand and feet of all those who would want to see her fail, and that she can once again live a life that she is not ashamed of, most importantly one that would please and honor Him.    

1 comment: