Friday, July 16, 2010

TODAY IS DIFFERENT

I would have to go back and check some dates, but I am fairly sure it is going on three years.  Three years of not knowing where my daughter lived.  Three years of not knowing whether or not she stayed with friends, rented an apartment or house, or lived in her car.  HER CAR! Oh how that makes my heart ache.  I am literally wiping the tears from my eyes as I type this, knowing there were times in the past three years when she had nowhere to go, nowhere to call her own, nowhere to lay her head, nowhere to settle, no where to feel safe and secure.  

Even with our relationship mended, it has been necessary for me to not know or see where she lived.  But...

Today is different!

Because today I know where she lives.  I know where she calls her own.  I know she has a bed to lie down on with clean linens and pillows and a pretty comforter.  I know she will be cool this summer and warm this winter and water for bathing with fresh towels to dry off on.  Today I know she will have a place to keep her clothes neat and a place to wash and dry them.  I know she has plates and bowls to eat from and cups to drink from.  Today I know she has yummy smelling candles to burn and sweet smelling soaps in her bathroom. I know she will have warm rugs to walk on and  a pantry and refrigerator stocked with food. And all the things I take for granted every single day!!

For the first time ever, I have taken a part in making sure she has some of the things she needs to make her comfortable and happy living out on her own.  And this makes me happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment