Wednesday, January 26, 2011

THE "FIXER"

It has been a while since I have written a post, three months to be exact.  But it's not because God has not been ever present and working on me. Yesterday was the first day I felt led to record and share some of the things that have taken place over the last few months in my life.  I know it will take several posts for me to accomplish this, but I have to start somewhere... so here goes... 

I prayed on my way to work yesterday as I have many times before.  But on this particular morning, I thanked God for something I have never thanked Him for before.  Never before have I thanked Him for being my "Fixer", for fixing the things in my life that I have made a total and complete mess out of and also for fixing situations that have blind-sided me leaving me spinning out of control or dumbfounded.

Early Monday morning of this week, very early, sometimes between 2 and 3 am, it was NOT a coincidence that my husband and I both woke up at the same time. It was NOT a coincidence that the T.V. was on a different channel than the usual Food Network or TV Land (I almost always go to sleep with either of these channels playing) It was NOT a coincidence that a show was on based on true life events. It was NOT a coincidence that we both woke up at the beginning of the story and both fell back to sleep at the end.

I want to devote an entire post (hopefully I can get to it tomorrow) to explain what the show was about, why I believe God wanted us to see it, and the significance of it in our lives.

I Peter 5:8 says "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

I believe that just as Satan poses himself as a roaring lion to terrorize or devour us, he also has poses himself as an angel of light to deceive us, as well as, a sneaky snake so that he can lure us into situations that could corrupt us morally and hurt others in the process.

The sneaky snake has been ever present in my household!  But he was not able to do damage that God was not able to fix!!  You know when we try to fix something that is broken it may never function the same again (a broken handle on a coffee cup when glued back on will never look the same or be as strong as it was before); however, when God fixes something it always turns out better than before, better than we could have ever imagined!

Beauty for ashes!  This is something that only "The Great Fixer" can accomplish.

Thank you again, God, for being my "Fixer".    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment