Monday, August 17, 2009

KEEPING IT “REAL”

Thankfully, there are people who have everything in their own lives in check, so much so, that they are able to keep the rest of us abreast as to what is going on in ours. Why, just last night I encountered such a person as this.

Here is what I THOUGHT I knew:

1. My husband lost his job of 25 years due to corporate restructuring throughout the company.
2. He took a job in the New Orleans area.
3. He wanted to keep and maintain our home in Mississippi (at least for now) while he travels back and forth.
4. We spend weekends in New Orleans on occasion just because we enjoy it and have a place to stay.
5. The direction my daughter has taken in her life. (keeping in mind that we have muddled through it for the past two years)
6. The picture I carried in my Bible for a little while was the one of my great niece.
7. The reasons we left our church home. (They were strictly between my husband and I, but was never based on anything we or a family member ever did. It was a personal decision and we felt it in the best interest of our spiritual well being to leave.)

Here is what I NOW know:

1. My daughter had a baby.
2. This baby is a well-kept secret.
3. My husband and I are in New Orleans with this baby, hiding it’s existence from all those we love and who would love it.
4. The picture that I carried, the one that was seen by this person, is a picture of this precious grand baby.
5. I never showed it to anyone. So, if you happened to see it, it was truly by accident.
6. The job here is a cover-up.
7. We left our church before the scandal was uncovered.

I KID YOU NOT!

But, this is only part of the story. The “all-knowing” individual shared her information with a very close family member. After getting the shock affect desired, she then apologized with this, “I just assumed you knew.” First of all, the “informed” family member is physically ill, as well as, suffering from dementia. We are VERY cautious about what WE share. Secondly, why tell someone something if you think they already know it? Thirdly, why not keep your mouth shut unless you are 100 percent sure that what is coming out of it is truth.

Am I angry? The knowledge this one thinks she possesses is so ridiculous, it made me laugh, and is as far from the truth as just about anything I have heard lately. No, not angry, just amazed and full of pity for someone who while actually destroying their own testimony, thinks they are destroying someone else’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment