Sunday, August 9, 2009

TODAY I FELT IT

I felt the pain. I grieved for her. I recall the exact moment this morning when the Holy Spirit prompted me to contact her and invite her to come with us to the evening church service that we too had been invited to. I did not understand the urgency, but He did.

K, I wish you could have heard Him. You would have felt it too. He would have whispered in your ears and told you how special you are, and how much He wants you to flee the lusts, to follow righteousness, and to be accountable to other Christians. I am truly sorry you missed this opportunity to feel the power of his love and to feel reassured. He could have told you how much He misses you and how much He desires for you to come home. As I type right now, I am heartbroken over what you missed tonight. You missed the opportunity to see, feel, and hear God.

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 2 Timothy 2:22

No comments:

Post a Comment