Friday, September 18, 2009

I will not be AFRAID… I will not be AFRAID…

On Tuesday, May 19, 2009 my daughter came to visit.  I allowed fear to wash over me as she and I conversed as if there were no lies, no secrets, no regrets, and no heartache between us. 

Driving to work on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 I prayed to be filled with the Fruits of the Spirit.  God was gracious and allowed me to realize that I had choked them out of my life and replaced them with fear.  At that moment, I purposed in my heart  … 
 
I will not be AFRAID of things never being any different than they are right now in her life. I will not let impatience overcome LONGSUFFERING.

I will not be AFRAID that the hurt is never going to go away. I will not let sadness steal my JOY.

I will not be AFRAID that if I ever have the opportunity to confront some of the people in her life that I will do or say something regrettable. I will not hate, be intemperate, unkind, or mean spirited.  I will LOVE, be TEMPERATE, and GENTLE.

I will not be AFRAID that others will find out.  I will not allow pride to stand in the way of MEEKNESS.  

I will not be AFRAID that she will never trust God to give her the strength and courage she needs to let go of this stronghold.  Do I allow doubt to overcome my FAITH? No.

I will not be AFRAID of this turmoil.  I will remain calm and PEACEFUL.

I will not be AFRAID of evil tidings; but rather my heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord. Psalms 112: 7

And then

I shall be like a tree, planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his FRUIT in his season…

No comments:

Post a Comment