Saturday, March 20, 2010

IN THE BEGINNING

I received two phone calls yesterday.  Well, actually one phone call and one text message.  The call first:  

THE END: Late afternoon my mother called to let me know that my step-uncle had passed away.  My step-father has one sibling, a sister who lives in Gulfport, MS.  James, her life-long mate has been battling Lou Gehrig's  Disease for quite some time.  He woke from a nap around noon and asked her if he was in heaven yet.  She told him no.  He closed his eyes and took two breaths and this time went to heaven. THE BEGINNING.

During the early evening, I received a text message from my daughter: 

ANOTHER END: "It's over. Hit your knees and don't stop praying, this is for real."Guess where I went? Did you guess to the floor on my knees? If only one person reads this post, I ask you to please, please pray for a miracle.  I have watched God work in her life for quite some time.  I think she is ready to make this  tremendous leap.  Emotionally and spiritually she is ready, but there are some physical obstacles that she is struggling with.  In my last post I referred to a message she put on her face book page about "little" miracles and how she was beginning to recognize them.  I want her to see a BIG one, a HUGE one!  She owns three dogs and a bird.  She needs to leave where she is at and she needs a place of her own.  Leaving is crucial!!  She knows she can come home, but it would be a temporary arrangement.  I am willing and she would do this as a last resort.  She desires to go back to school, so she not only needs a place where she can have her pets, she also needs something affordable.  This all sounds almost impossible, but I know God can do this for her.  I want more than anything for Him to surprise her with a solution, one that I am totally detached from, one that she would know without a doubt could not have come from anywhere else but from Him.  I KNOW He can.  What a confirmation for her, what an encouragement this would be in the midst of her confusion and discouragement.  ANOTHER BEGINNING! 

1 comment:

  1. Great post and many prayers coming your way....
    I have 2 GREAT GIVEAWAYS that I will draw for tomorrow night... hope you will stop by.....

    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete