Saturday, May 29, 2010

But.....I DID enjoy my meal!!

Yesterday, I had lunch at Red Lobster on the Gulf Coast with my daughter and some friends of ours. I very much so ENJOYED the company.

My daughter split an appetizer, a seafood nacho platter, with someone else, but I tasted a small portion of it. Very ENJOYABLE! I ordered unsweetened tea with lemon. ENJOYED! The cheese biscuits came out and I "ENJOYABLY" ate one of those while waiting on my order, a grilled shrimp salad and gumbo in a bread bowl. The salad, I ENJOYED. Every lettuce leaf, shrimp, tomato, cucumber, croƻton, etc. was good. The gumbo, well, NOT SO ENJOYABLE. As a matter of fact it tasted so nasty I could not eat it. I took about three bites, hoping each time the next one would be better, but it was not, instead it got worse. I moved it off of my plate and placed it by my daughter so she could try it. She felt the same way I did, so the bowl of gumbo pretty much looked untouched.

Not one time did it ever cross my mind to complain. I was plenty full after having eaten: a portion of an appetizer, a cheese biscuit, a grilled shrimp salad, french bread, and two glasses of tea.

ENJOYED!

When the waiter came to ask how we wanted our tickets divided, I told him to put mine and my daughter's together. I truly never expected to hear what he was about to say to me: "You will not have a ticket because you did NOT ENJOY your meal". I wanted to argue, but decided to not spoil the "moment". It was an unbelievable one, and one that left me speechless for a second or two. I almost felt guilty, no I actually DID feel guilty, because I did ENJOY my meal! But, his unexpected act of kindness had just made it all the more ENJOYABLE!

After he left our table, the others began teasing: "Well, we didn't enjoy our meal either!?"

(By the way, I left him a sizable tip that more than covered my portion of the food I had eaten!)

Wouldn't this world be a more ENJOYABLE place to live in if more people were like my very observant and generous waiter at Red Lobster??

No comments:

Post a Comment