Thursday, July 9, 2009

CONSTANT


(Constant - always present, ready, repeatedly, not changing, faithful, loyal)


I am so very thankful that God saw fit for me to grasp the importance of being constant.

For a long time, I could not face my daughter, her decisions, HER LIFE. I fled from all of it. God touch me with his mercy and grace and gave me some insight as to where I needed to be in my relationship with her by bringing this to my mind:

What would give one hope stranded in the middle of an ocean?
To see land.

What would give one hope stranded in the desert?
To see water.

What would give one hope stranded on a deserted island?
To see people.

It has taken much time and much prayer for me to get to where I am today in my relationship with her. I truly have had to work through all of this and there have been many dark and ugly days, but I hate to think about what I would have missed in this journey had it not been for God’s mercy and His grace in my life.

If not me, then who? Who would be her constant?

She is not standing on solid ground.

She is in a barren place and needs water (living water) to survive.

She is alone in a world where she does not belong, surrounded by enemies of God and friends of this world.

God, allow me to be the steady for her until she is standing on solid ground. Allow me to take nourishment to her until she can get it on her own, and please allow her to accept it and not reject it. Her life could depend on my faithfulness and frequency. God, she needs me, I need her, and we both need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment