Friday, July 10, 2009

“JUST WHEN THE CATERPILLAR THOUGHT THE WORLD WAS OVER… IT BECAME A BUTTERFLY”

I try very hard not to read too much into everything she puts on the message board of her phone, face book, or myspace page, but this week I could not help but to wonder what she could have possibly meant by a statement like, “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly”.

Here is what a mother who just got home from spending the weekend with a daughter who has chosen to live her life in a way that will never honor and glorify God wants it to mean. Her lifestyle goes against everything she was taught and against everything she should do and could be. With every fiber of this mother’s being this is what I want it to mean:

Mom, I was the caterpillar - thinking this is it, this is all there is, nothing else. The bottom is as low as I can go. But over the weekend you showed me unconditional love, you did not condemn, you did not lecture, you did not beg, plead, or cry, or want to know why - you just loved me, not for who or what I have become, but for who I am: YOUR DAUGHTER. You made me feel worthy. I know I can break free and soar. Mom, everything is going to be OK. I am going to be OK!

Maybe it did mean all of this or maybe it was just simply in reference to a butterfly and a caterpillar and nothing more, but I think for the time being I will choose to believe that she wanted to convey this message to me.

Yes, this is what I choose to believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment