Wednesday, July 1, 2009

UNCERTAINTIES ARE CERTAIN

The blogs I read on a regular basis and some that I have read on occasion have made me laugh and cry and rethink my priorities, some have made me want to cook and eat bacon, to be better and to do better, while others have made me want to go find something in my house and turn it into something else. Most of them are written with the depth and ease that make me feel inadequate in the area of being able to transfer onto a document anything that is on my heart and in my head in such a way that would hold the interest of even one reader. I’m a little scared to be here. No I am a lot scared.

My family supports me and tells me that I can do this. This make me even more nervous because I immediately think about some of the American Idol contestants. You know the ones who stand before Simon Cowell like a deer in the headlights right after he tells them how treacherous it was. You agree with Simon and wonder what ever in a million years made these people think they could sing. And then they explain. Their family and friends have told them all their lives that with a voice like theirs they were all but destined for stardom. So, family of mine: Thanks for your vote of confidence, but I’ll not fall prey to your prejudice perspective.

What if no one cares what I have to say or I run out of things to say.

What if it takes up too much of my time and consumes my thoughts.

What if I can’t handle criticism.

What if I forget that God will direct those who are suppose to follow my journey here and popularity or lack of it becomes an issue with me and I forget to be myself.

What if my sense of humor sounds cheesy. Oh, God, please don’t let it be cheesy.

Now that I have nearly talked myself into backing out of this whole thing, let me move on to what I AM certain of.

- Gratitude for still having a sense of humor.

- A desire to reach out to others who may also be on a similar journey. I am walking a walk all the while living, learning, and loving as I go.

- I want to be the recipient of blessings as others share their wisdom and their journeys with me.

- For the past few years, the prayer chain for my daughter has grown and I cannot think of a better way to expand it even further.

- I am certain that even though I walk through the valley, God’s perfect love is casting out my fears. Even though I am caught in the middle of this great big storm in my life, I know that through the calm and through the storm, in every high and in every low God will never let go of me. I am confident. See it. See the light that is coming from my heart as I hold on, a glorious light beyond all compare. I know there will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes I want to know and praise God and

- Most importantly, I want to show Him to others.

(Matt Redman’s “You Never Let Go”)

No comments:

Post a Comment