Thursday, July 16, 2009

MY OTHER DAUGHTER

She is a faithful companion. She brought comfort to me during the darkest days of my journey. Very seldom did she then and does she now ever leave my side. (Of course this is probably in hopes of me accidentally dropping a morsel of food.) She is what I would imagine a perfect teenager to be like. She does not talk back, does not ask for money, does not drive, is not embarrassed to be seen in public with me, and does not care what everybody else is doing or that she is not wearing the latest fashion.

But throughout all those years of preparing my children for the real world by teaching them things like: not to talk with their mouths full, to say please and thank you, to respect their elders and never talk to strangers, never one time, not ever, did I have to say to one of them, “Do not lick yourself on the couch”!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment